Wednesday, November 25, 2009
1. My family, my home, the food on my table, the scotch in my glass, etc...
2. My therapist (Are you beginning to see a stereotype here? I know! I'm disappointed, too.)
3. My job, which is my freedom.
4. Bev, who has gone missing... (Actually, her husband just left for a one-year job in Afghanistan so pop in and drop her a line if you can...)
5. One-month-old Halloween candy which my children have lost interest in. Score!
8. My new shoes, which my mother-in-law calls my prostitute shoes, a confirmation of their wonderfulness.
9. Bev's new shoes -- I'm hoping she'll blog about them. I hate her freakishly small feet. But this is about being thankful...
11. The natives, or what's left of them... or the noble and stoic oil paintings of them that hang in the restaurants. I don't think I've ever met one, come to think of it. But a friend of mine is 1/4 Cherokee... Does that count? I'm distracted again.
13. Moby Dick
15. Barry Lyndon (the film) and Schubert's piano trio (op. 100)
16. Brad Pitt's butt
18. Mai Tais and Kung Pao chicken
20. That I don't have to wear hats or shoes with buckles on them... unless I want to... and I can... because I'm an American... because the Pilgrims came and ousted.... Oh look! Shoes!